ESET Insalled on Server 2008 R2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by djgibb75, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djgibb75

djgibb75 Registered Member

We have an issue after installing ESET NOD32 4.2.58 on server 2008 R2, Microsoft patches and some roles do not install. We tested using a clean build machine without ESET NOD32 and no issues, so either this is an issue with ESET NOD32 or the policy we are using. We have created two policies, one with the default options ESET comes with, and one with our own custom settings, and the error happens with both.

Is there an exception we are missing?

Any suggestions welcome.

2. djgibb75

We are still having issues with this, just wondered if anyone had missed this post that had the same issues?

3. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Can you attach a screenshot of the issue when installing the patches so we can take a look at it?

Regards,

Jesus

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does installing the version 4.2.40 make a difference?

5. djgibb75

Sorry it's been a while replying. I installed version 3 ,and this works no problem. I have also seen the problem with two of our clients now, both are running 2008 R2, a mixture of standard and enterprise. They are also all virtual machines, running in XenServer 5.6.

I will try installing the version you suggest, and post the results on here.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Version 4.2.40 is no longer available, a new version 4.2.6x will be released some time soon. I'd suggest you wait with upgrade until it's available.

7. djgibb75

OK thanks, I will wait for that. Do you have any time scales?

8. djgibb75

I should have posted sooner to let you know upgrading to version 4.2.64 fixed the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.