ESET How to revert to the default settings (?)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by admsupport, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admsupport

admsupport Registered Member

Hi, simple question:

I would like to recreate ALL the rules in the Firewall as of the first time installation.
    How can I remove all my user settings? without uninstall/re-install?
    If I delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESET\ESET Security and launch the app, will it do the trick of a clean state?

From the GUI I can only delete the firwall rules I have created, what I want is a re-start of all the process as of Day-1.

Thanks

PS: That did not do the trick http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=941

It did not remove everything and the default rules are still there.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello admsupport,

Deleting those files will delete the your current settings and restore your firewall to the default settings. After deleting them you will notice that they reappear. Those files have the same name as the deleted ones but they are in fact new files containing the default settings.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. admsupport

Hi Rmuffler,

Thanks for your answer. I will try to reformulate my question. I.e. how to remove the SYSTEM RULES (in full) to revert of the first day of the install, when ESET FF had to analyze the system and create its rules from zero. Does it make sense now;)

Either on the forum either on ESET, the KB is about USERS rules, not system wide rules. That is what I want to do without un-installing/re-installing.

Best regards,
    AS

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello admsupport,

The default system rules cannot be changed. It does not "analyze" on install. Those system rules are pre-configured.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. admsupport

It's clear now. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.