Eset hanging windows 7 startup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by archz2, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archz2

archz2 Registered Member

I recently installed eset nod32 antivirus version 5 on my system running windows 7 64 bit. Ever since on my startup my pc gets hanged. I power it off using the button on CPU and start it again, then it runs fine. What is the problem? I uninstalled eset then installed it again, the problem is still there. The problem even exists with eset smart security 5 trial.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you have another av before and if yes did use its removal tool
    kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

3. archz2

archz2 Registered Member

thanks!! i'll try this thing and reply again! :). well version 4 didn't require such tools why now ?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe HIPS is blocking a specific process on system startup. I'd suggest that you try disabling HIPS right after installation to see if it makes a difference.

5. archz2

archz2 Registered Member

what is HIPS and the problem persists...:(. i compltly uninstalled avast using the mentioned tool.

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey archz2
    See this Link, it describes what HIPS is, and where you can find it. Just a suggestion, but try to run Avast's Uninstall Utility again, in safe mode, it often gives better results. And then follow the advice given in post 4.
    Best of luck :)

7. archz2

archz2 Registered Member

well i just uninstalled AVAST in normal mode and the folder's gone. i disabled HIPS but the hanging problem was still there. I uninstalled ESET nod32 normally. now is there any way to completely delete all its traces in registry and other folders?

8. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey archz2
    You can always run Eset uninstaller tool, it should completely erase any leftovers, if there is any?
    See Link : How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product in the same article from Eset you will also find a Video there show you how to use the uninstaller tool step by step .
    Hope it helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.