Eset GUI has stopped working- Read please!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by satasonic, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satasonic

satasonic Registered Member

This isnt that big of a problem, Im more curious as to why its happening since it doesnt bother me too much.

Basically, when Im browsing the internet or watching any sort of stream and click on the "Network connection" tab in ESS- The GUI crashes. This doesnt happen every time- I would give it about 25% probability. This happens when Im trying to get an IP address to find the exact location of the streaming server, since Im from Australia and servers from USA lag.
    After the GUI crashes, there are no problems- Sometimes it restarts by itself, and sometimes I have to restart my PC- But it always gets fixed.

Done a full scan and nothing was found. Im thinking that it may be some problem or a bug in ESET, since it never crashes on other ocassions.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what version eset? you should be using the latest. check event viewer logs for more clues, there could be a problem on the comp. if you remove eset does the crash still occur

3. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Hello satasonic
    Satasonic, are you using the latest version of ESS (4.2.71.2) if not try to download and do a new install to see if that will help you. You can download it from here : http://www.eset.com/us/download

Best Regards and have a nice day

NoobStick

Ps: "Ups" sorry Cudni...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.