ESET GUI has stopped working Error.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Bumblegrum, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumblegrum

Bumblegrum Registered Member

I keep getting this error message 2-3 times a day. Clicking on "Restart the Program" doesn't always solve the issue. This problem has only been prevallent for a couple of weeks but is annoying as I keep wondering whether the software is actually working or not

I would appreciate any feedback that may help resolve this issue.

I am running Win 7x64 and have just now updated to the latest version of ESET Smart Security.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello Bumblegrum, just a user feedback :)

It could be a file that has been corrupted somehow. Have had this error before, and the solution that time was to uninstall Eset in safe mode by using the eset uninstaller tool.But before uninstalling eset, do a scan of you system, just in case. Link: How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product?

Regards, Janus

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please change the update type to pre-release updates in the Update setup and run update manually. Make sure the HIPS module gets updated to version 1067 (check it in the About window).
    Then try to reproduce the issue. If updating to the latest HIPS module 1067 doesn't make a difference, try disabling HIPS completely, restart the computer and try to reproduce the issue again. Let us know about your finding and post here the informationk about installed modules.

4. jumanji

jumanji Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.