ESET Gateway Security Screwing Linux up

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jewfromdahood, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jewfromdahood

jewfromdahood Registered Member

I just bought Eset Gateway Security as Eset is the best anti-virus company and I have used them for years. Anyway I am a new IT guy for this company and their Linux guy as well and we are setting up a new Linux server to be a gateway. I used Eset Desktop on it to try their Linux capability all seemed well so I went for the gateway security. Well I installed it and after that my Linux wouldn't boot, and complaining about some daemon not running. Well I thought it might be some easy linux error, and it turned out to be easier to reinstall the Ubuntu amd64 distro. So I thought it was a fluke so I installed it on a fresh install. Same thing. Which leads me to believe, Eset really dropped the ball on this one. As lets face it, any self respecting tech would use a linux server as their gateway. And gateways need security to protect the windows computers behind them. So Yeah, way to go Eset. Although I will have to say this is the first issue I have ever in my 7 years of being a loyal Eset user that it as every let me down. As opposed to every other anti-virus which has let many viruses through.

2. rekun

rekun Registered Member

you should contact your local Eset support with this problem.

I am sure they will help you

3. jewfromdahood

I have and haven't heard back from them yet.

4. rekun

rekun Registered Member

Which version are you using?

5. jewfromdahood

Ubuntu 11.04 x64 and esets gateway security 3.0.22 I downloaded it less than a week ago.

6. rekun

rekun Registered Member

v3 i actually kind of old

Eset hasn't been releasing new versions of its linux gateway security for a long time, however a few weeks ago they announced a new beta.

It could be fun to know if the bug is fixed in the new version.

http://www.eset.com/beta/gateway-linux/

Can you try to install that without screwing the whole company up?

eg. in a virtual machine or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.