Eset File Security for Windows issues

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by RamonB, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RamonB

RamonB Registered Member

I have an issue with running Eset File Security on a VMware hosted 2008 R2 server. It previously wasn't updating anymore after a few days with a "Error allocating memory" error, at this moment it is talking about a General compile error.

Somehow updating doesn't want to work properly. I already reinstalled following a support email, but I can't seem to get a normal functioning anti-virus.

Did somebody else have the same issue(s)? And most important know a way to resolve it?

-Ramon
  2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I've seen that issue when there are filesystem errors that causes problems with the software writing out the update files. A chkdsk /f couldn't hurt.
  3. RamonB

RamonB Registered Member

So it took a while but that didn't work. The scanner process gets killed regularly now. Updates seem to be going better.
  4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Are there pending Windows Updates on the server waiting to be applied? If so, does allowing them to install (which may require a reboot) solve the problem?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In case of the above mentioned issues, I'd suggest contacting Customer care as additional logs will be required.
  6. RamonB

RamonB Registered Member

I'll try customer care again. Last time did not get the result I hoped for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.