Eset False Positive and Failure to Respond

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carl Haugen, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Haugen

Carl Haugen Registered Member

Eset detects my companies software, RegZooka, as Win32/Adware.RegGenie. This is false information and I have emailed Eset 5 times about this and received no response. I am requesting that Eset remove this false positive from their database. No other antivirus program that I'm aware of detects our software

See my email correspondence to Eset below -

Date: Mon, May 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    Subject: Re: Eset False Positive
    To: samples@eset.sk

Please respond

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Carl Haugen <**@****.com> wrote:

Please respond to my emails

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Carl Haugen <**@****.com> wrote:

I would like confirmation that you have received my emails and are working on removing this false positive from your database

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Carl Haugen <**@****.com> wrote:

Please confirm that you received this and are working on removing it from your database

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Carl Haugen <**@*****.com> wrote:

I am contacting you in regards to a false positive in your antivirus database for "RegZooka"

Please see the attachment for full details of Eset blocking users from our website and from using RegZooka

Eset is detecting RegZooka as a variant of "Reggenie" which is incorrect. RegZooka was fully developed by ZookaWare programmers and shares no code with Reggenie

I am requesting that you download the 30 day trial of RegZooka at the URL below, you will see that we are not a variant of "Reggenie" and I request that you stop blocking users from our website and stop detecting RegZooka in your antivirus program
    zookaware.com/download/regzookasetup30day.exe

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The detection is correct, it's not a false positive. Case closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.