ESET Endpoint v5

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products Beta' started by tuntun, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuntun

tuntun Registered Member

when will this be released as an official? Any target date for testing to end?
    One more question: Will it be automatically change to released version once it is released by selecting the setting to check version?

2. tuntun

tuntun Registered Member

Doe sthis one is final beta or just a first beta?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In answer to your questions:
    1. A specific target date has yet to be set, since it is going to be partly based on the feedback we receive from testers during the beta test cycle.
    2. Users of beta test versions will be notified once the beta test cycle is over, however, it would probably be better for beta testers to uninstall the beta code and perform a clean install of the software, just as they should with any other preproduction code which interacts with the system at a low level.
    3. The number of betas and frequency of releases is subject to feedback received from people testing the code.
    Sorry for not being able to provide more specific answers, but since ESET's beta programs tend to be drive by feedback received from the public, ESET has to have some flexibility about such things.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

It does not have an USB scan option!!!Why??

5. Stealth111

Stealth111 Registered Member

I have installed in in a small lab environment. Just today I noticed on my desktop PC (i7,16gb ddr3, Vertex 3 ssd, Win 7 ent 64bit) that ekrn.exe *32 is running at 24-25%CPU load all day long. About 75Mb ram usage. Just FYI.

Also, I noticed that on a standard install that HIPS is disabled by default. Is this standard? Also, the clients are reporting to the RA Server "Communication with the driver failed. HIPS does not work"

The console reports every 1 minute that "The user rules file contains invalid data"

Just providing some feedback...

*UPDATE: with HIPS turned off, all is back to normal, no error messages, and memory usage back to 0%! I will have to learn more about HIPS it seems...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

So, I have dl'd the 2 parts of Endpoint 5 Beta; I have the RAS and the Console. These I will place on my Win2003Server machine. Fine.

What client PC package should I use to fully test this Beta's functionality?

I would wish to pre-install my client's A/V software before bringing the server online.

7. FanJio

FanJio Registered Member

Hi everybody.
    I'm testing v5.0.2008.0 of Endpoint for deploying in my LAN. I was looking for the USB scan option as in the Security Suite (v4 or v5). But I did'nt found it. So in the final version of Endpoint (Business) will the option be available? If not can anybody can explain me the reason ?
    Thanks for you answer. Great Job for all the softwares.
    Franck

8. agoretsky

Hello,

It was not ready in time for the first beta, so is planned for inclusion in a later build.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. tuntun

tuntun Registered Member

Any new updates on this version?

10. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

:rolleyes: consider this a 'bump' :rolleyes:

Can anyone address this question? Please? I would really like to try the Endpoint 5 A/V beta................ :D

11. karlisi

karlisi Registered Member

I am testing clients, I will use on my PCs after they will go in production. For me these are ESET Antivirus both v4 and v5. If this is what you want to know.

12. agoretsky

Hello,

Assuming I am understanding your question correctly, either ESET Endpoint Antivirus if you wanted to test the antimalware functionality, or ESET Endpoint Security, if you wanted antimalware + firewwall + antispam.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Areyh,
    Thank you for your reply. Try as I may, I thought my question was quite succinct and direct. However, I am also prone to over-thinking this A/V stuff.

I have already visited ESET with my credentials. I believe I have the lastest beta files for the RAS and the ERAC (console) for ENDPOINT A/V. Yes, I will check again before I install.

I accept that 'EndPoint' is the new label for Business Edition code. Fine.

I plan to install the 2 above sw packages on my Win2003 Server. (I already tried the V4 BE code. It did NOT work! No harm, no foul!)
    My server last used V2.7 Enterprise Edition for 5 years without trouble. The server supported 4 home LAN clients plus itself (full license value).

I am asking ESET which client sw package I should install to integrate with the new beta EndPoint server sw?

I ask because 'DamasLand' seems to indicate that the current V5.0.95.0 client sw install CAN NOT be re-directed to a LOCAL EndPoint 'Mirror' post construction. Very Odd! But, I do not play under-the-hood very much any longer. ESET's default runs just fine here!

Yes, I am still confused. Perhaps my bad! Operationally, all of my clients and my server are happily ESET protected. I just so long to go back to the auto-magic ESET 'business-edition' happiness I had 18 months ago.

Sadly, wasting time trying to get V4 BE to play again is NOT an option. And, why I raised my question. I am quite happy to put the EndPoint A/V beta into use. I would really like to also use V5 client packages (5), if possible?

Thank you for your time.

14. rekun

rekun Registered Member

You should use the eset file security for the server, and try the new endpoint rc for your clients. The new endpoint is not for servers

15. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

rekun,
    Thanks for your share. I'm now even more confused. Your suggestion reads contrary to all the ESET docs I have read about Endpoint v5 to date. o_O

I will wait and see if Agoretsky might respond. I am in no hurry to spend another 2 days trying to put a working version for ESET RAS, Console, and A/V back on my server. I will just wait, read, and, keep learning. For the moment my server still uses the V4 BE a/v client (4.2.71.2).

16. agoretsky

Hello,

If you want to maximize your beta usage, you can deploy as follows:The home edition programs will not be manageable via ESET Remote Administrator.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

17. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Aryeh,
    Thank you for your PowerPoint share. But, you still never answered my original question. Also confusing was that each 'blue' link you shared goes to Microsoft(?) So, no. I have no plans to upgrade my server's OS >WinServer2003 sp2.

My server has only one task. That task is to run the ESET BE/Endpoint front end (RAS), ERA Console, and A/V for itself (1 seat). Yes, my server creates the Mirror that my LAN clients (4 seats) get their updates from.

No. My server is NOT a Domain Controller. I does not ever run a Wins Service or even a DHCP Service. It runs 24/7 only to maintain the ESET logic.

Yes, I can accept that many will say, "What a huge waste of horsepower." I disagree. This server used/ran the ESET V2 Enterprise Edition for 6 years completely error free. So, now I seek an ESET replacement/upgrade. Last year I tested the V4-BE. It did not work; it never acknowledged any client PC on my LAN except my server! After many client A/V package tests, I just gave up on V4-BE.

I managed to find much more recent 'Endpoint' code files and will now try again to install and make the new beta code work. I remain dedicated to ESET and have no plans to change vendors; at least until 2015! :D

18. agoretsky

Hello,

I think you would want to install the ESET Endpoint Antivirus build on the server.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

19. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

My current username/password doesn't work for the above link for the RC for the FileServer download, but works fine for the Endpoint and RAS/RAC Rc downloads... ?

20. agoretsky

Hello,

Do you have an ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server license? What product is the username/password for that you are entering?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

21. agoretsky

Hello,

Did you try using the license (username and password) from the download for ESET Remote Administrator above it?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

22. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Didn't realize it required a different license... I have only always had the 'Enterprise' license (we have a 70 user license)...

It sounded like it was just a new server-centric version of ESET, which I was hoping was in response to the major problems some people have been having with versions 4+ on servers...

Is there a page somewhere describing the differences between the normal Endpoint version and the 'special' File Server version, and when/why you might want one over the other?

Thanks,

Charles

23. agoretsky

24. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.