ESET disabled my photography software

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dcrowex, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrowex

dcrowex Registered Member

Just last week I renewed my license to update to the new Antivirus program. I find out today, my EOS Utility software is not working. I called Canon and they confirmed the new update has disabled my software, especially since it has been working fine with no problems. No one is in today and I have no idea how to go in and fix this in this virus program. Any ideas? I am running ESET Nod32 antivirus 4.0.474.0 on Vista. Photography software is CAnon Utilities. Thank you, Debbie

2. ljg

ljg Registered Member

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling your EOS software?

(By the way, why are you running an older v4 version?)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Is a part of the software detected? No updates other than signatures have been released recently.

4. dcrowex

no updates that i know of. i can detect part of the software, the DPP part where you could edit a photo, but the EOS Utility is the key part of the program and it only says it STOPPED working. i have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. It makes sense that Canon told me this is the only new thing done to my computer and now this is not working. He said I had to go into the virus program and "unblock" this as this software is blocking this program.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I presume that uninstalling ESET wouldn't make any difference. Could you try it just for a test?

6. dcrowex

ESET installed it for me actually. I just call them, pay for it, and they send it out and when I check my computer, its updated with the new version. They did send me a link but I am afraid to uninstall it and then get it back on there. I have had problems in the past, which is why they do it for me.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

[Edited to correct typo. Thanks DWomack!]

Hello,

If you would like to call technical support, perform the upgrade, and investigate the issue further, the toll-free number is +1 (866) 343-3738 in North America.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  8. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

It's been a very long Tuesday. Slight correction to the number agoretsky gave:

+1 (866) 343-3738

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.