ESET Cybersecurity for Mac - questions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by fordarling, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fordarling

fordarling Registered Member

Hi,
    I have two questions:

1. I am having Mcafee Security on my Mac and want to remove it because of its footprint and negative impact on system performance. In the Activity Monitor alone, I can identify five associated processes and each of them takes more than 80MB ram. Which improvement do I get when changing to ESET Cybersecurity for Mac? Your recommended system requirements say 3GB ram for Lion.

2. How can I verify the downloaded package? Do you have something like md5 or sha1 published?

Thank you

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

You should notice a dramatic decrease in CPU memory consumption. During normal operation, ECS takes on average between 2-5% of CPU. Some disk-intensive operations like on-demand scanning, and large files will take more CPU, but during normal operation, you won’t notice any slowdowns due to ECS.

The minimum requirement of 3GB of RAM is one set by Apple. ECS itself only requires a minimum of 512MB to run smoothly.

As for the downloads, we don't provide a published md5 but all of the files downloaded from eset.com are fully verified and secure. Obviously, there are no 3rd party tools or adware/spyware in our packages either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.