ESET Customer Service SUCKS!!!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by berryracer, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

If you haven't bought any of their products, then DONT! Even though the product itself is top notch! Their support is pathetic.

Here is my story, I bought a 2 year license for 2 users of Eset Smart Security.

Next day, I notice that I can no longer access my network from other computers although I have chosen the Automatic mode with sharing enabled.

So I fill out the support form online, choose United Arab Emirates as my country.

I get a sad reply telling me to contact the local dealer for NOD32 in the UAE on a land line number....

Well, this is very poor service, I expected a quick reply ONLINE like other companies to my simple query, I just got thrown at another department which would be useful, since I am at work during the working hours of this local dealer! :rolleyes:

So I decide to fill out the form again but this time choosing the USA as my country of residence and putting a valid US zip code where I own a house (Georgia), guess what? They told me that I need to contact the local dealer in the United Arab Emirates again!

Well excuse me??! I did not buy the license from any local dealer! I bought it from ESET online!!! Plus, why do I need to contact a local dealer when there are customer service agents?!?! This is just appauling service.

I will ensure that everyone I know will not renew their licenses or buy products.

I will post this on all the major forums like AnanTech Forums, Tech-PC Forums, MyNotebook Review Forums, etc. and will let the world what kind of crappy service and customer service ESET has.

Thanks to Marcos (Moderator here), he helped me resolve my issue. He is the real support not those clue less over weighed and over paid employees sitting at ESET doing nothing!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Matrix Leader,
    technical support assistance is provided by the distributor from whom the license was purchased. ESET, LLC provides local support for the US and Canada. If you actually purchased your license in the US your request should not have been routed to your local distributor unless an invalid username was entered in the form and the country was set to "United Arab Emirates".
    Please PM me the following information so that I can investigate what happened to your ticket:
    - the correspondence with customer care
    - your username
    - your registration email address

3. Bigabe

Bigabe Registered Member

I work in the customer service of a big company, too, and as long as I can understand, that you are frustrated, I can't understand why you threat to spread your frustration to other known forums instead of going the next logical step and trying to reach some of the ppl who are responsible for this.

You always have to contact local customer service, if you have problems with your TV, your PC or your mobile phone.

There aren't a lot of companys who offer global customer service, don't ask me why, this is called the Internet Age, but we are still bound by idiot rules and local paperwork crap.

And there are always good ppl and bad ppl, in every job and every department on this earth.
    So don't badmouth the whole company or product, just because you had one bad experience. ;)

4. terradon

terradon Registered Member

Bigabe,
    I absolutely agree. Resorting to insults and threats are a sign that you've already lost. There is an art to effective complaining. Being a bully only makes you feel better for a few fleeting seconds, but it doesn't solve the problem, nor make anyone want to help you. To be effective, you have to get the lowly gatekeepers to want to help, even when they are powerless to do it themselves. They know who to talk to and when and how to do it. But, you aren't going to force that information out of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.