Eset changelogs/Nod Updating

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BradenD, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradenD

BradenD Registered Member

Two questions, both of importance to me.

I'm having trouble finding an actual link to changleogs on the eset website.
    I can google it, but I only get the older version: 3.0.566.0 is not present.
    EDIT: Ok, I found the link, I'm just a huge dummy. Other forum posts indicate
    it is simply not update. Thanks anhow: Issue 2 still relevant though.

Additionally, if I didn't frequent this forum a lot, I wouldn't know 566 had been released, and this is because my installation does not seem to update program components, only definitions.

My system is still running version 551. I've gone through and double checked my settings, and as far as program updating is concerned, it is configured to
    always update, and offer restart if needed. I've restarted my PC quite a bit since installing, so that rules that out, and I've never received the offer.

Please, assuage my troubled mind!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Updates from 0.551 to 0.566 are considered small one and it has been ESET policy not to load small changes on their servers . The things which have been fixed are issues which not everybody experience (and it is more than obvious that you are not experiencing them , too , as you are using the old version) . Only big updates are automatic and loaded on update servers (e.g. 2.5 to 2.7) . If one doesn't visit ESET's forum and he/she has problems , it would be normal for them to contact Tech Support or local representative who will be aware of the changes and offer suggestion => upgrade :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.