ESET Business AV

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Thomas2369, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas2369

Thomas2369 Registered Member

OK, I am having all sorts of trouble installing client AV by pushing installation from the console. Before I post those details, is there a way to install the client software at the workstation, then manage it from the remote console?

[1] If I go to a workstation, install the msi, put in the username and password, complete the installation.
    [2] Open the ERAC and manage the scan schedule, results, updates...

Thanks,

TP

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

yes, you can install from the client - then point it to the ERAS. You can even export settings from a working machine, put that in the same folder as the installer named nod32.xml and then run the installer - the installation process will see the .XML file and run with that as the settings to use - or, import them after installation.

3. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

4. gdonlon

gdonlon Registered Member

I've had good luck putting all the files on a share on our Windows domain (including the nod32.xml) and then pushing the client through GPO install upon bootup.

Saves the trouble of going around and installing it per machine, if you have a Windows domain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.