ESET- AV Renewal not working.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by XtremeDogg, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XtremeDogg

XtremeDogg Registered Member

Ok I went through the stages to get my AV software renewed just like the program asked me. I purchased the software and recieved the email letting me know the 2nd one will arrive shortly.

Well after the first 5 hours I got a bit impatient "shortly" to me is a few hours maybe 2 at most. I check my bank statement and I been charged the 27 dollars for it but the ticker on my AV is counting down 13 days left.

So I sent an email in for support and no response on that yet either!? What gives Did i just give away my money to a charity?

I'm glad I didnt wait till the last day on this letting my pc run without a Virus scanner. This isnt very proffesional of ESET.

I'm still waiting on my renewal email with the password and instructions, I went to the transaction page and it doesn't list this transaction either.

What gives?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you purchase the renewal at www.eset.com or from your local distributor/reseller?

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I've still to renew mine, since this is new to me, in the past years it has always been a case of buy another license. But I thought the point of this new renewal ability was you keep the same Username and Password and it just "extends" it?

4. XtremeDogg

yes sir straight from this page and the link off the ESET AntuVirus scanner

5. XtremeDogg

no it gives you a new passcode i believe still waiting on it.

6. XtremeDogg

finnaly came in , took 18 hours about .. wouldnt call that shortly.. lol

Not sure if its because I had it email me lost password or not.

7. elapsed

That's a bit useless I thought it would mean I wouldn't need to change the details on all the machines. So much for that idea.

8. elapsed

Wow you are completely and totally wrong.

I did NOT have to change my username OR my password. I also got the email in <1 minute of renewing. Just need to wait for the renew to take effect.

9. vafan

vafan Registered Member

WOW. I really think YOU are completely and totally wrong here. Maybe you don't have to change the password in ESET SMART SECURITY. But. When it comes to ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS you sure as hell get a new password when renewing your license. Have done it three times during the last three years. And yes. New, fresh password each time.

And i've always gotten the mail within 5 minutes after the payment. Probably some glitch caused that XtremeDogg had to wait that long.

vafan ;)

10. elapsed

Thanks for clarifying.

FYI: This method was only implemented last year. I've always got a new license in previous years. This year I just had to wait 24 hours and it renewed itself.

11. vafan

vafan Registered Member

Are you using Eset Smart Security or Nod32 Antivirus?

Like i said. When i renewed my Nod32 Antivirus license last time (2009-01-15) i had to insert a new password.

vafan :)

12. elapsed

Like I stated earlier, ESS.

13. vafan

vafan Registered Member

Ahh... Right. I mixed you up with XtremeDogg. :ouch: My bad. Sorry.

vafan. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.