ESET A/V Email Alerts

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by dsi-ap, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Hi,

For sometime I have been getting email alerts for threats and errors from nod clients.

Is it possible to have sepperate email alerts for threats goign to 1 email address and errors to another.

The problem is after recent update to v5 i'm getting alort of alerts been sent and now its flooding my inbox, polluting the threat alerts which are more important for me to follow up.
    I can then follow up error alerts at another stage if there is an ability to split them to go to another email address.

Here sample alerts i get:

Code:
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 16 August 2012 21:34
    To: NOD32 Virus Alerts
    Subject: ESET Endpoint Antivirus: Error

16/08/2012 21:33:36 - During execution of  on the computer NODE2, the following warning occurred: Communication with the driver failed. HIPS does not work.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 16 August 2012 14:44
    To: NOD32 Virus Alerts
    Subject: ESET Endpoint Antivirus: Threat alert

16/08/2012 14:39:02 - Module Real-time file system protection - Threat Alert triggered on computer NODE1:  C:\Program Files\Viewer\is-HALKA.tmp contains Win32/Toolbar.Babylon potentially unwanted application.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

It seems to me that the issue may be that the Version 5 Clients are sending Warning and Critical warning information. This would indeed flood your mailbox with quite a few emails, as many of these messages do not require action. You have a couple of options to remedy this situation depending on your configuration of ESET Products.

If you are receiving the emails directly from the Endpoints then you can change the verbosity; open the ESET GUI, press F5 to get to the advanced options. Go under Tools->Alerts and notifications change the minimum verbosity for notifications to Critical Warnings. You could also do this in the policy for the client Via the ESET Remote Administrator Policy Manager.

Another option would be to use the Notification Manager that is built into the ESET Remote Administrator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.