ESET 5 RC update qestions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by FireBloodPhoeniX, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireBloodPhoeniX

FireBloodPhoeniX Registered Member

This is my first post here!
    I am a technician @ Megatron Ladysmith SA
    We have a Partnership account with Eset
    We contacted the South African Eset Help center and thy pointed us here..

We install a lot of computers in a "offline" mode..
    Iow. eset is installed the EAV code is entered and since we have a Mirror ,
    i copy the *.nup files to a flash drive then update the client's system so that the client dont have to download the often big update database
    I just downloaded the RC 5 and i see that you have to activate the Eset before
    you can update via flash drive ,
    Firstly how would i be able to update the Eset with a flash drive before activation
    Secondly, sometimes i do a large number of Eset installs an i cant connect each computer to the internet due to it being time consuming , will their be a "off-line" activation tool? because lets face it,the customers cant even activate Windows 7 by them self's....

2. FireBloodPhoeniX

OH one more thing we also have about 2 schools and at least 2 other company's that runs a eset mirror sever,the sever has a internet connection
    but he client pc's dont ,so will the bizz edition need activation?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hard to say how it will work at this point but the fact there can be quite many computers working in offline mode in the business segment will certainly be taken into account.

4. FireBloodPhoeniX

Thanks for the reply if you find out more please post it here!!

5. ashishsingh1508

ashishsingh1508 Registered Member

I would also like to update ESET offline... on my clients pc

6. ashishsingh1508

can storing backup file of updates like in kaspersky so that we can use that file to update other pc which don't have internet connection ....

7. FireBloodPhoeniX

You have to activate eset 5 rc before you can update via flash drive
    Eset 4 you just tell it where to find the updates (*.nup files) no activation needed...

Im using the a eset mirror to copy the needed *.nup files for the flash drive
    the downside is that the mirror aplication needs somthing like windows 2003/2008 to install,it would be nice if the bizz edition can incorporate that same tool as kaspersky thou ...

8. ashishsingh1508

Yes many a times like I have a PC in my home which I don't want to connect online as contains really very confidential files of my company. But I still want to update my Antivirus. This service of offline storing and applying updates is provided currently by "Quick Heal Antivirus" and "Kaspersky Antivirus 2012" Don't know about others.

I hope to see this feature in home edition also. But I fear as they have launched version 5 RC then i don't think they will have this feature in this version rather the next version.

This also helps If suppose I have several PCs offline. I can set ESET nod32(internet) to download and install the update files to it self and at the same time copy the update files to a folder in network drive and I can set other ESET NOD32(without Internet) to fetch update files from network drive folder.

It makes life so simple and easy
    But this would need each downloaded files to be named differently...

Regards
    Ashish

9. ashishsingh1508

Offline activation of ESEt NOD32 will also be a great thing to experience. Especially to people who don't have internet connection and then also want ESET on their PC activated and updated.

Regards
    Ashish

10. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

setting a different update server [local or remote] is already possible, but in v5 activation is needed before setting the server!!

11. ashishsingh1508

But where can I find update files I want ESET to download it and keep it in local folders of my choice for further usage.
    Also see the below image

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.