ESET 5 file submission

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Banger696, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Tried to submit a false positive file today but Eset says its disabled and been placed in the cache. How do I enable file submissions and where is the cache on an XP system to see if it has gone?

PS Seems every time the developer updates his program (JDast auto speedtester) it's flagged as a virus, cant Eset whitelist this program?

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

1. Submit this as a false positive by going locating the file(s) in quarantine and submitting it (them) to ESET. Here's the ESET KB article on this:

How do I submit a virus, website or potential false positive sample to ESET's lab?

2. Exclude this program's folder and all its contents from real-time scanning. This should help prevent future updates from being flagged. The ESET KB article on this is here:

How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning? (5.x)
    also
    How do I exclude certain files or folders from the Computer scan? (5.x)

3. You can then restore the files in quarantine and now that the files have been excluded from scanning, they shouldn't be quarantined anymore.

How do I restore a quarantined file in my ESET security product? (5.x)

A word of warning on this process though. This will keep all files and folders in this program from being scanned. This removes a layer of protection on your computer, should this program ever become legitimately infected.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe but the main cause of the detection is the use of obfuscated Autoit script which is not recommended as it always makes the file suspicious to antivirus scanners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.