ESET 4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by wade7575, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wade7575

wade7575 Registered Member

I looking into buying ESS 4 as I have ran AVG for a while,here's the deal I don't steal from people but what happened is this I was new to PC's at the time had no clue about them and AVG 7 let's in a virus and it can not remove it so I contacted AVG and they said that will be 150 bucks please for remote access to remove by one of are tech's so I paid that amount and told them I thought it was BULL CRAP that the anti virus program they just sold me for 89bucks for one years service and not even a month went by and now you want 150 bucks to get it out and is'nt it supposed to stop it from getting in,so as I said I paid the 150 because my mother was on worker's Comp and they wanted her to do home work at home on the PC if not for that reason I would have re-installed Window's to wipe the virus so after that I have always ran a hacked version of AVG because they lied to me how so when I first bought there anti virus I asked what if a virus get's in really deep how do I get it out they told me it was free for a AVG tech guy to get it out by remote access well it was'nt so I really got screwed on that deal.
    What I want to know about the folk's at ESET is do they offer free removal by remote access to your PC by one of there tech's.I have know since I heard about NOD32 two year's ago that it is the best AV on the market I just wanted to really stick it to AVG the way they did to me,plus the other thing with AVG I really hate is ZEDO and all the other tracking cookies that have been around for 2 3 and 4 year's and yet AVG still let's them Walt'z right on threw the front door of your PC and yet I ran the ESET 4 trial a few times and never not even one tracking cookie.So just incase where not clear I olny really want to know about remote access with ESET and is it free if a nasty get's in that ESET can't take out.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello wade7575,

As a home user ESET will help you clean your machine. They won't do it for you as it's not their responsibility. They will only help.

To quote Randy Abrams, Director of Technical Education at ESET LLC

"Regardless of what sales or marketing tells you, you do not pay an antivirus company to protect you, you pay them to give you a tool to help protect yourself."

This is why all the other companies charge big money to do it for you if you choose to have them do it.

BFG

3. wade7575

wade7575 Registered Member

I understand you have to scan your PC and that olny make's sense,and I can understand that no matter how good your Anti Virus is they can not keep everything out and from time to time it is going to happen but I also feel the reason you are buying there Anti Virus is to help keep nasty stuff out and also feel that they should do it once or twice if you have paid for 2 year's,or if they feel they can not make any money at the current price they are charging then they should have a 15 to 20 dollar extra fee you pay when you buy it to cover your rear end in case you do get something in there you do not want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.