ESET 4 Smart Security - Outlook 2007 add-in error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by vossenh, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vossenh

vossenh Registered Member

I have just upgraded from ESET 3 smart security to version 4. I run outlook 2007 as part of office 2007 in Vista Ultimate and on Vista Business. Both set-ups now have a problem when I start Outlook. The following message appears: 'Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'eset outlook plugin' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?'

If I select No, then outlook fails to start. I can now only get Outlook to start if I disable the eset add-in. Strangely enough, on one out of the 4 user accounts on both PC's outlook does NOT have a problem with the add-in, but on 3 accounts (one also being an adminstrator, same as the account that does work) the add-in causes outlook failure. Does anyone know how to get round this ??

Thanks,

Harry van der Vossen

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  3. YaddaMinski

YaddaMinski Registered Member

I just configured my new E64000 XP Pro SP3 laoptop and I get this error even tough I deleted the EXTEND.DAT in my profile directory. If I don't log in to any other profile do I still have to delete possible EXTEND.DAT's in those (that I don't have access to unless I login in locally)? Using Outlook 2007 that comes with Office Pro 2007.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  4. good4you

good4you Registered Member

delete this key:
    My Computer\HKey_local_machine\software\mmicrosoft\exchange\client\EXtension\Eset Outlook Plugin
    and then

If this occurs, delete the extend.dat file of the user account with the error. By default, this file can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Outlook will automatically recreate the .dat file at the next application startup and the issue should not occur again. Other clients, such as Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Windows Mail and Microsoft Windows Live Mail can also have very rare integration issues, often caused by the presence of another security program in addition to your ESET security product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.