Eset 4 av warning message ?? POP3, HTTP

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acr1965, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have a warning on my Eset av that "Analysis of application protocols will not function" and "An error occurred while starting services. Analysis of application protocols (POP3,HTTP) will not return function"

This just popped up today when I booted my computer. I rebooted a couple times but still get the warning message. Any ideas what I should do?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. acr1965

As an update-

I went to Windows Services menu (Vista) and saw that ESET HTTP Service was for some reason set to manual. I set it to automatic and tried to start the service. The service then begins to start but stops and I get a message that says -

"The ESET Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

The service still shows automatic but not started. Any ideas?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

are you using the latest version .437? It sound like you will need to reinstall it.

5. acr1965

Did a reinstall. Seemed to help. Thanks.

6. jswas

jswas Registered Member

When I installed the latest version of Nod 32 V4.0.437 The same message appeared. I went to the advanced setup tree and checked the boxes under Pop3 and Http scanner options. Both boxes were unchecked after installation of .437!!

7. Lovely

Lovely Registered Member

I am experiencing the same problem at my other laptop using Vista Home Premium 32 Bit and EAV-NOD32 v.4.0.437. I am connecting to Internet via wireless access.

According to my colleague who use the same EAV with Vista Home Premium but connect to internet via cable (as he use a desktop), he never experience this kind of problem.

After searching here and there for several days for a solution - unfortunately without any luck - then I thought that this problem could occur because of a simple problem. EAV might have been started before the wireless connection is ready and thus reporting that EAV can not functioning properly on analysing POP3 and HTTP protocol (because these protocol were not ready by then ...).

So I googled around and found a freeware to "delay certain startup program". Just google for "Startup Delayer" and you will find that program.

I installed this program and set a 30 seconds delay time for EAV.

So far, after 10 or more restarts, this classical problem seems to be gone ...
    Hopefully it will stay that way.

I am no an expert in any way whatsoever, merely just sharing my experience here.

8. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Any more news on this?

I get the red icon about 1/2 to 1/3rd of the time with the same warning message and am sure this 'timing' issue is the problem. I've been a NOD32 user for around 3 years but only recently upgraded from 2.7 to v4. There was never this problem in 2.7!

Without a solution I'll be changing provider when the time comes to re-subscribe. Shame really...

9. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

10. Gren

Gren Registered Member

So effectively no fix for version 4 on Vista. Looks like its time to start looking for a replacement

11. Glasairmell

Glasairmell Registered Member

Wow ... after doing a lot of reading on this error it looks like Vista owners are out of luck here. As one of the other posters said, I will have to go to another provider on my Vista machine.

Shame as he said, I have been a ESET customer for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.