Errors

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by tradetime, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Have encountered a problem in which FD has suddenly started generating errors during copy/update, the only thing that I can think of is that I ran Eraser just prior to this on a free space erase. The last successful copy/update was just prior to this, and nothing else on my system has changed since. Has anybody any experience with this.
    Also is there some way to find out what the actual errors are, a warning dialogue comes up to say there are errors and check the activity log, but the activity log simply repeats the fact that there were x number of errors, but nothing about what they were. Kinda hard to try and rectify if it won't even tell you what the errors are. Anyways any help appreciated.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You can expand the activity log so it shows each action. That will help you find the errrors and also test your eyes. It's can be tough spotting them.

Pete

3. tradetime

Cheers Peter........and the bonus question, ......How do I do that? Have searched all the options and don't see a setting for detail.

Ok have found the answer to that, lets hope the errors are as easy ;-)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Tradetime, as Peter has said clicking the plus sign shows you the details, and what detail!!

You need a lot of time and patience to go through looking for the word error.

Last time mine were all short file name errors which Raxco easyly fixed with a new copy engine for me.
    Hope you are as lucky.

5. tradetime

OK don't really know why there are errors but have found them, they are all image files in 'My Pictures' OS is Win 2k. problem is solved by anchoring the my documents folder, no copy no error! Error was that the image files were in use by another program?? Wierd, anyways.............

Have now found a new problem, on attempting to delete/remove a snapshot FD hangs when it encounters sandboxie on the snap, have tried this with two snapshots and the same thing happens, it appears it cannot remove a snapshot that has sandboxie in it. Any ideas.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hmm. Did you exit from Sandboxie and try again. Or since your are removing the snapshot, try removing sandboxie from the system.

Pete

7. tradetime

Yes the problem is the sandboxie on the snapshots I am removing, am going to uninstall it from within each snap and try again, seem an odd problem since nothing in any snapshot being removed is active and therefore should not be able to cause a problem, am having a bit of a weird day o_O

8. tradetime

Sorted, had to go into each snap and uninstall sandboxie

9. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

How did you have sandboxie configured to run tradetime, just the basic right-click sandbox browser option?

P.S. glad you got it sorted.

10. tradetime

Thanx, yes, no other fancy configuration, not that that should matter, in an inactive snapshot everything should be dormant, I'd have thought. Still alls well that ends well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.