Errors with Snapshot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am now getting errors when I update my snapshots. I would get them before unless I suspended Cyberhawk. Now I get 2 errors with Cybehawk suspended. Of course this is a new version of Cyberhawk. Is anyone else having this problem? I have read the other post on this subject but due to the fact that now suspending doesn't help I reposted.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

HI William

Try uninstalling Cyberhawk and you will get your answer. I found with PG I got errors saving to archives even with PG disabled. Bye bye PG.

Pete

3. WilliamP

I removed Cyberhawk and still got errors.

4. Peter2150

Hmm. If you didn't get errors before installing the new version, got them on install, and still get them after uninstall, then it sounds like you didn't get a complete uninstall. I would try reinstalling an older version, and see if it cleans up the problem. Then I'd uninstall and ditch it.

Pete

5. WilliamP

Pete I'm pretty sure that I got a complete removal. I even did a search for Cyberhawk. And used CCleaner to clean up.

6. Peter2150

Do you still have an older version on. Hey, check the logs, they will tell you what is causing the error. Let us know.

7. WilliamP

Pete, how do I open up the log to actually see what the problem is? I have it now. I have to figure out why it is doing this.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  8. Peter2150

Click on Tools>activity log Once the log is open clicking on the plus will expand the log showing much detail. You will have to go thru it carefully, but it will show you what files are generating errors.

After you do a copy/update, have you tried immediately doing another one. That might also be an easy way to see what is causing problems.

Pete

9. WilliamP

It looks like it may be Comodo Firewall. One error is in Replacing Windows\System 32 \Drivers\cmdmon.sys. One error is DCF: Backupwrite: Access is denied. windows error number number 5. This may be my fault because I have the firewall protected by SSM. I will have to change the protection and try another backup. Well that didn't help. I still get the errors.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  10. WilliamP

Ok ,here is the situation. With COMODO firewall. You have to go into Security, Advanced, Miscellaneous, Configure. Unclick Protect Own registry keys and Files from unauthorized modification. Then it will not have errors. Of course if you have Cyberhawk it must be disabled also. The more of these self protecting programs we get the more complicated it will get to make a snapshot. I wonder how these will affect Ghost?

11. Peter2150

Just tried something. I currently have active on my system, OA with it's Firewall beta build 136, KAV Beta build 573 with it's Self Defense turned on, Ghost Security Suite, and Superantispyware. Normally when I do a snapshot all I've done is disable KAV to keep it from scanning. But I just tried a snapshot with all this stuff turned on. Did a snapshot with no errors.

Frankly, as far as I am concerned, if any program interferes with FDISR it's gone.

12. WilliamP

It seems that a lot of the security programs are protecting themselves. People on these forums want it.

13. Peter2150

KAV defends itself, and so does Appdefend, I believe. I have no trouble with the apps I am using doing either RSS copies with FDISR or images with ShadowProtect using VSS.

I don't believe just because it is defending itself you shouldn't be able to use FDISR. Just a matter of finding the right products.

14. WilliamP

I have E Mailed Novatix support,Comodo support and Raxco support. Maybe things can be fixed.

15. Peter2150

Probably not much Raxco can do. All they could do with PG is alert users. Hopefully the others will respond.

16. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Can you let us know what the problem was when you find out?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the culprit is Comodo. I had Comodo installed and everytime I made changes it didn't listen that's why I got rid of it.

The Registry Protection when enabled I couldn't edit the registry, use imaging program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.