errors when activating STARTUP RECOVERY MANAGER

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cipherdias, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cipherdias

cipherdias Registered Member

O.S = windows XP Professional SP2 with all latest updates
    ATI 10 Home Edition

Looking through TI 10 I found the STARTUP RECOVERY MANAGER function and it looks really useful so this morning I decided to set it up but it starts to do it and then stops showing these 3 errors:

127 (0x64007F) Failed to find Acronis Secure Zone.
    126 (0x64007F) Failed to activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.
    5 (0x640005) Operation has completed with errors.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The Start up Recovery Manager seems like a good idea but as you have found it can, like an attractive blonde ( M or F), lead you into trouble [​IMG].

Far better to boot into the recovery environment from the recovery CD in a disaster situation when the SRM would not work or from the TI recovery wizard in Windows for a routine restore.

Xpilot

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cipherdias,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media with the latest build.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try performing the operation using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. cipherdias

cipherdias Registered Member

1. I am on the latest build level and ahve created the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

2. Performing restores with the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media works just fine but then that is NOT the problem that I am having.

3. I ahve read the user guide several times over and I know HOW to do what I want but the software gives me an error when I attempt it.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cipherdias,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I'm sorry for not being accurate enough in my explanation. What I meant was to activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.