Errors backing up Outlook

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tabasco, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabasco

tabasco Registered Member

Running TIH 2009. Trying to backup email data -- Outlook 2007. I get the following error:

Failed to backup file or folder 'Microsoft Office Outlook:/Profiles/Outlook/8BA828FE2029A74FB7FC36EEC89EE98A'.

I then have the choice to retry, ignore or cancel. Retry never fixes the problem.

Any ideas?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Is Outlook 2007 running when you try to do the backup and get the error message?

3. erosoli

erosoli Registered Member

I have the same problem with Outlook 2003 when it is running and not running. any help will be greatly appreciated.

4. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Which build of ATI 2009 is being used when the problem happens?

Is the latest version build 9709 being used?

5. tabasco

tabasco Registered Member

I'm using build 9709.

It will run if I shut down both Outlook (as a task) and OUtlook as a process. Which seems like a hassle to do when ATI should run seamlessly without user intervention.

6. BoscoCosta

BoscoCosta Registered Member

i'm having the same problem as well. Never had this issue with previous version. I've tried changing backup locations, deleting and re-creating the task as well as the original backup, but still no luck. Hope this gets figured out soon. Oh yea, i've had no luck though with the method tabasco used in killing the process's as it still comes back with the error

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tabasco,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue and provide the following information:

- Exact title of E-mail client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, Microsoft Outlook 2003);
    - Quantity of user profiles;
    - Amount of the accounts for these profiles and their type (POP3, IMAP, etc);
    - If the accounts within a single profile are of different types, please provide the amount of the accounts of each type. (E.g. profile [XXXX] contains three imap accounts and two pop3 accounts);
    - Sysinfo:
    Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    Send us the saved file.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.