Error1722

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by marse.robert, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all (especially Peter.)
    I was doing some beta testing for Tall Emu. On my test machine, I had a barebones setup with Leapfrog's FD-ISR, Online Armor and one other application (no names). I had a gut feeling about how these three programs interacted with each other.
    Anyway, I thought I had all the data that I needed to satisfy what I was looking for. I cleared the test machine and was re-installing the applications. When I came to FD-ISR, the installer run to some point and finished with errors. The error was 1722. "A program ran as part of the setup did not finish as expected."

Before I resurrect that scenario, I would ask if anyone else has experienced this phenomena? The FD-ISR is the one that Todd of Leapfrog kindly provided for us: 3.31.233 Professional.
    I downloaded a fresh copy of FD-ISR and got the same error.

Marserobert

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Until Peter gets here, a few thoughts.

That is a windows installer message, have you tried using the windows installer cleanup in case there are orphaned entries of FD-ISR left over?

Probably there shouldn't be but you never know.

P.S. I'm sure Peter will want a clue as to what the other program you had on was :cool:

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Marse_roberts

Curious first why you uninstalled FDISR as part of the cleaning up, but that aside, were the any issues or errors when uninstalling.

One thing is if you have a registry cleaner you trust run it, otherwise try regsupremepro, and check both it's installed software area, and registry clean area. Use Fix not delete.

Another thing is check for this key:

Hkey_local_machine>software>classes>installer>products

There you will see a lot of entries with long numbers. Check and see if you have one for FDISR. If you've uninstalled you shouldn't have one. I'd try removing it with all the prerequiste warnings about back up etc.

Pete

4. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Stapp and Peter,

Thanks for your comments.

Stapp, I am looking at your suggestions right now, I will let you know!

Peter,

I inderstand your curiosity. Some time back, I was doing some beta work for Outpost. Again, I had a pristine setup, and I had installed 3 Applications. Call them A, B, and C. The Application that I suspected installed perfectly when I installed them in that order: A, B, and C. I was on the verge of calling it a day when I decided to install, randomly. So, B, A, C and I experienced blue screens. It was in the WIN98 era. Since then, I always start with a totally clean slate and install randomly. However, Stapp got me thinking, the only thing that wasn't pristine was the OS, itself.

This time, I installed an absolute clean Win XP and took a backup, and installed FD-ISR. So, I have FD-ISR running smoothly. This, however, has opened a new can of worms - what is going to happen when I install the other two applications - but this is beta testing.

Marserobert

5. Peter2150

Sometimes the order you install makes a difference. I ran into that when I was betaing both OA and KAV. It was a hint that maybe the two together wasn't a great idea, so I dropped KAV.

Pete

6. witness

witness Registered Member

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm getting this exact error (1722) when trying to upgrade to version 233. I had to uninstall the previous version (205) to even get the installer to proceed with the new installation.

I'm trying to avoid taking the same steps Marse.Robert did to fix his problem (reinstalling a fresh copy of XP). I'm currently running SP3 (upgraded only to run a fav game) and running Sandboxie, returnil, and OA v2 for security. I did notice that I noticed having problems (copying errors) after I upgraded to SP3 but I had those same errors with SP2 so I didn't think too much of it. Today when I tried to upgrade FD-ISR I couldn't help think my upgrade could be the problem. I have no idea what's goin on. I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thanks.

Witness

7. Peter2150

First to upgrade FDISR you should uninstall. If you are having problems, and your snapshots aren't crucial I'd also delete them. Clean slate.

One question, you were using version 205, was that a clean install, or had you used an earlier version and then patched it. Let me know, and we can go from there.

Pete

8. Peter2150

Or am I correct you've got it uninstalled?

9. witness

The original install was 205 on a pristine copy of Windows XP. Fortunately I have been able to uninstall the program with no errors that I'm aware of. No evidence of registry keys either after uninstallation.

So at this point, I did the uninstall of FD-ISR that keeps the snapshots because I need my archives. I was a little confused between the two uninstall options. Should I try the second one?

10. Peter2150

If the uninstall was clean, you should be able to reinstall. Note though even a complete uninstall only removes snapshots, it doesn't effect archives, that are, or should be, on another disk.

Pete

11. witness

Thanks for your help Pete.

So I'm still not sure what I should make of this inability to reinstall then. Running a little short of time today but later this weekend I'll give it another go. I'll report back with results.

Witness

12. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings witness,

If you are still having this issue, it is most likely the Windows installer. PM me with an email address and I can send you a small file that cleans out any remaining installer reg entries. Sadly, installers seem to leave around a few reg items after uninstalling (argh)

13. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Hi Todd,

I just installed an SSD and did a clean XP Pro SP3 install. I installed several programs and then tried to install First Defense.

I get the following error message:

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I also ran the Windows Install Cleanup tool, but that did not help.

Can you send me the file? I have never had this problem before.

Many thanks,

Silver

PS: I sent you a PM also.

14. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

My 1722 error was the result of trying to install on a SSD drive.

First Defense is not yet compatible with SSD drives. Todd is looking into it.

Silver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.