Error writing to file installation error....??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by goldendolphin, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldendolphin

goldendolphin Registered Member

Hi,

I have had NOD32 running perfectly for some time on my pc. Today, my PC closed itself down, and when it restarted the icon didnt appear in the corner on start up and when i tried to open the folder from the program menu, it said it wasnt an executable file.
    I then tried to reinstall it from the site, and I get the error message:

Error writing to file: C:/Program Files/.....Anitvirus/Drivers/eamon/eamon.sys. Verify that you have access to that directory"

If I try to install a free trial from another brand, its telling me there is already anti virus installed on my PC?

Thanks!

GD

2. phash

phash Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem.

PC restarted

Now NOD32 wont work., and will not install with the same error on eamon.sys file

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Thanks,

Ashley

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I suggest you try a reinstall.

4. phash

phash Registered Member

I cant reinstall, same error as above

5. phash

phash Registered Member

NEW UNKNOWN VIRUS THATS CAUSING NOD32 INSTALLATION TO FAIL

I am a PC engineer and ive never come accross a problem like this, ive never been unable to install such a wide range of security software on an infected machine.

Ive tried everything, and still im unable to install NOD32 and clean this virus.

Someone somewhere must have cleaned this virus and been able to install nod32 or other virus scanners.

Also ive noticed than i cannot start the infected machine in safemode, just reboots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.