Error with push install

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Roelstra, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roelstra

Roelstra Registered Member

Hello,

I'm trying to push ESET Endpoint A/V to a client machine and I'd like to do it w/o the firewall or email protection aspects. I've added the REMOVE=Emon,Firewall to the command line for the installation package and run it but it eventually fails.

The logs on the client machine read

Product: ESET Endpoint Antivirus -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2711. The arguments are: Firewall, ,

I'm not sure where I'm making a mistake at. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Endpoint Antivirus does not contain a firewall module.

The firewall is a feature of ESET Endpoint Security.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Roelstra

Roelstra Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I saw Firewall on one of the test installs I performed.

I did the install using just REMOVE=Emon and it installed however the Email Client Protection features still appear to be included in the installation.

While I can certainly disable them through the policy manager it would be preferable that they not be installed period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.