Error While in Boot-up restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KraXed112, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KraXed112

KraXed112 Registered Member

I had the problem of the corrupt image b4.. and when i read the 8.0 can fix this i was pretty happy.. but now i got a new problem... i just finished formatting and installing all the drivers and so forth.. and the problem is that it wont restore with the bootup recovery.. but in windows i can explore and even verify that the image isn't bad..

the error i am currenly getting is
    " This is not the last created volume of the image archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive"

This is odd.. considering this is only a full made image here is the info for the file

Made with T.I 8.0 7.6.8 and the file size itself is 5.1gigs

So before my mistakes were to just make the image and then format the drive and think i could copy stuff back over.. now.. the only way i can think of is after the image is made is to see if it actually works by restoring it as well.

any help would be appreciated.. been up half the nite figuring it out.. so if this post dont make any sense i'm sorry =)

2. KraXed112

ok new question.. how come 8.0 768 works in windows for restore ... but not in the bootup part? which is the same version?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi KraXed112,

TI can't restore an active system drive/partition under Windows. I'll reboot into recovery mode using a Linux based o/s and associated device drivers (same as the bootable rescue media disk(s)). If there are no robust Linux device drivers available for your specific hardware config at the time of a particular TI Build release then you might well have a problem. I guess Acronis will always be somewhat behind the eight ball regarding device drivers as most hardware manufacturers tend to concentrate on Windows, followed by Mac and then Linux/Unix. I have no doubt that the Acronis developers are working hard to keep up to date.

Regards

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Ding ding ding! Menorcaman wins the prize! :)

5. KraXed112

O i know it can't .. its the same for ghost and everything else.. its one of the basics... but that wasn't my problem.. as i said in my post.. in winxp sp2 i CAN explore and restore the image... in sp1 it can't see the image and will give this error
    "" This is not the last created volume of the image archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive"

i know this after restoring a sp1 image... in windows it wouldn't explore it anymore.. but once i upgraded to sp2 the images were fine but with the same problem.. i can't restore them under linux in the bootup

6. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

By your wording, I'm not sure if you ran into this problem, but there is a huge problem with respect to the scheduling of jobs.

The option to have a scheduled task automatically start on bootup if the machine was off during the scheduled time (I forget the exact wording offhand) is an evil option

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.