Error while creating recovery manager

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thebigdintx, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I have T.I. 9.0 build 2259, and am using windows xp sp2. I have a 40GB hard drive with no partitions...I just have local disk (C:). When I try to "Activate the Acronis Recovery StartUp Manager" it flashes an error message at the end of the wizard process when it goes to reboot. My log file says that the "operation was completed with errors", and lists the error as module 100, code 5(0x640005). After this, I created a complete disc image into the secure zone, and it looks like it did that ok. Anyone know what that error was with the Recovery Startup Manager, and if it will work if I need to use it to restore my image?

2. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

Just an update on my problem..........Also, when I would restart the computer, the "Press F11 for Acronis Recovery Manager" screen did not flash by. So, I tried to "Activate the Acronis Recovery Startup Manager" again, and this time it worked! I don't know why the "operation completed with errors" the first couple of times I tried, but it looks like it's ok now.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thebigdintx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (2273) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which has many of the problems fixed and now available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

I'm inclined to believe that the problem you reported was most likely caused by some kind of a coincidence and will not appear again. Moreover, there is no way to investigate it at the moment, since Acronis Startup Recovery Manager has already been activated and everything works fine now.

However, if the problem will appear again then please collect the following information:

- Make a screen shot or use a digital camera to make a shot of the error message;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.