Error while backing up to share - Help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lordbyte, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordbyte

lordbyte Registered Member

Hi,

I am using TrueImage Server 7.0 to create images to a share on the
    network via the Scheduled Tasks. When I choose to run the task, I get an
    error message saying that Image Creation has failed. The report viewer
    however shows no errors. This happens only on Windows 2000 SP4 Server.

On Windows 2003, a scheduled task to create an image on the same share
    works without any problems. All settings are the same. I'm using latest the build.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I assume you've verified that the user account in question has write access to the network share?

Have you tried accessing the share via its UNC name, rather than a mapped drive letter?

3. lordbyte

Hi,

Yes, as I said, the settings are exactly the same used with Windows 2003, where there is no problem whatssoever. Seems to me like another bug...

lordB

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LordB --

Please, can you send me ti.log? Also, please ensure that the rights in both cases the rigths (namely for Backup and Restore) are set exactly the same.

Thank you.

5. lordbyte

Hi, thanks for your reply:

I cannot find any file named ti.log on the computer in question - Any ideas? When I select the 'Show Log' option, it comes up empty.

The exact error when selecting the 'Start Now' option for the scheduled task is "Backup has completed with Errors. Please see log for more details". But the log is blank.

Also I now noticed after the error message, the status bar says "Backup failed", while the task is shown as running (with a play-button icon). Right clicking on it gives me the options of "Show progress", which comes up empty when clicked, and Cancel, which does not cancel anything.

In a few words the task is left running. Shutting down Acronis and restarting it has no effect. I have to reboot the server instead.

I am backing up onto a Lacie NAS drive (running Windows XP embedded), with a share for each server (Windows 2003, Windows 2000). Both shares have user NAS-Lacie\NAS-Backup, with full control, while NAS-Backup is a member of the Administrator group on the NAS drive.

I am using this username / password when prompted for share credentials by Acronis. As I said, Win 2003 runs the task without any problems.

Thanks
    lordB

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Hmm... Rather strange behaviour. I'd suggest to write to Acronis Support (support@acronis.com) as I usually do when the problem is not a known one or it doesn't have an easy fix and requires some investigation.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.