ERROR when NOD32 installing on XP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Barney, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barney

Barney Registered Member

Hey Guys, when I was trying to install Nod32 2.0 on Windows XP, I got the following error:

(121) Nod32 for Windows NT/2000/XP - standard Component

I would have to click ok to close the windows and nod32 would not be installed at all. I have tried numerous times, but no luck. Does anybody have any input on this problem. Thanks.

Barney.

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    What version of Windows XP do you have?, do you have SP1 installed?, do you others antiviruses installed? if yes check that you don't have any service running.
    I also recommend that you contact the tech support and specify the error number.

3. Barney

Barney Registered Member

I am running SP 1 on XP. I have already tried contacting Nod about this problem. They were absolutely no help at all. Did ot want to bother with me.

Barney.

4. sir_carew

Hello,
    Do you see the FAQ?
    Do you have a trial or commercial version?
    In what languaje do you have NOD32 and Windows?
    Best Regards,

5. sir_carew

Hello,
    Maybe you have a virus, trojan or spyware on your system.
    Use a online antivirus to scan your computer, and scan your computer using Ad-Aware, Spyware search & destroy or something like that to scan your computer for adware, spyware, etc.
    I know that with certain spyware, you can't install NOD32.
    Best regards ;)

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Barney,

Would you mind answering the valid questions asked, so we can try to locate the problem?

As for the Eset support: feel free to drop me a copy from both your email and the response you've received.

regards.

paul

7. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Have you tried Uninstalling NOD32 and re-booting into Safe-Mode and attempt to re-install from there?

8. Barney

Barney Registered Member

I am running Windows XP, SP1, Commercial version of NOD32, English version of Windows.. I have spybot running on my computer, adaware and spywareblaster. Nothing was found. I did a full scan of my system with DRWEB and KAV, nothing was found. I havn't tried installing in safe mode, but I will try that next. I will keep you updated. Thanks guys.

Barney

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

As mentioned in the FAQ from DrWeb - and most probably warned by a pop up while installing nod32 - DrWeb very seldom allows installing another antivirus. I'm fairly sure there lies the culprit. You might give uninstalling DrWeb a try (although some registry remnants do need to be deleted manually) and install NOD32 after doing so.

Keep us posted ;)

regards.

paul

10. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

And since a scan with KAV was mentioned, and I'm running it now, and have a licensed version of NOD32 that I was going to get around to reinstalling anyway.... I decided to see how these two play together. Running on XP Pro with all updates installed.

First, I disabled KAV (real-time monitor, update engine, and scheduled scan engine) from the Control Console. Didn't uninstall it, but did want to minimize potential conflicts.

Installed NOD32, but opted to not enable real-time monitoring on the install. Installed, restarted, and the component/virus update of NOD32 went fine. Disabled IMON also after the component update and restart. Just have the demand scanner active now (and it works fine).

Re-enabled KAV. So far, they seem to be getting along just fine.

If you do have either DrWeb or KAV installed and active, I'd also lean towards these being a potential cause of your problems. Also - where in the installation process does the message appear? How far into the install do you go before it crashes? That info may help identify a culprit.

Blue

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,

whenever you encounter error 121 during installation, please run setup.exe with /test paramater and send the log nsetup.log created in the installation directory to support@nod32.com.

12. Barney

Barney Registered Member

How do I install with the /test parameter, I am not familiar with this?

Barney

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Barney,

running setup with the /test parameter will not resolve the problem with installation, however, the log will help the ESET's technical support identify the problem you encountered. Please send the log to the address mentioned in my previous submission.

14. Barney

Barney Registered Member

I am not at all familiar with running setup up with the /test parameter. How do I go about doing this?

Brian.

15. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

"C:\Setupfile.exe /test" (Example) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.