Error Updating since 20th April 2007

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by denno, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denno

denno Registered Member

Problem Updating since 20th April 2007

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the auto-update of the virus definitions since about 20th April (virus database 2205 (20070419).

It begins to download update.ver then it proceeds to engine2.nup and just stalls.

I just went out for the day and noticed the server screen was still cycling through different servers despite some 6 hours I was away, with no luck in updating.

Is there a heavy load on the update servers at the moment? I haven't seen this before. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: Problem Updating since 20th April 2007

Hi !

No , servers are working perfectly . Check the server status here:
    http://www.nod32sse.com/server_st.php

Try this :

1. Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version
    Full paid version

2. Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3. Reboot

4. Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

6. Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

7. Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

Enjoy !

3. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Something must be going on as I'm sitting here in Australia @ 23:05 on a sunday night & update 2210 has been sitting at 0/82KB for the last 20 minutes.

Sure, it is changing servers every few minutes but still....o_O

This happens to Nod32 from time to time..no idea why. Restarting my PC sometimes helps.

And I have a 2 year subscription, so there should be no reason for the delay in updating the definitions.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have no problems , both with NOD32 and ESET Smart Security . It updates flawlessly .

What about your ISP? Ping to an Eset server ...

5. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Hi Tech_Boy

No issue with my ISP...it's Nod that is the problem.

Now that is 10 hours later, I'm still unable to download the 2210 update :(

Same issue as before is occuring, the update sits on 0% for a couple of minutes, changes server & tries again.

I may just reinstall Nod32 & see if that solves the problem.

The only thing I've changed on my PC in the last 36 hours was to install, run & then remove the program Superantispyware.

6. Camelman62

Camelman62 Registered Member

I am having the same problem, however I can prove NOD32 is the issue, I am a reseller and over the last 5 days having installed 9 copies on various clients PCs some of which were installed on PCs that have just been formatted and I cannot update any of them and today my own PC stopped updating......ESET Please work this out ASAP, I have a bunch of unhappy clients who are saying they never had issues with Nortons.

7. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Hi Camelman62,

That's a bad situation to find yourself in, given you are dealing with customers :oops:

Hopefully Eset come up with a solution that doesn't involve the great panacea of re-downloading & installation of Nod.

I did not suspect that Superantispyware was causing the issue. Just added it incase anyone else might have encountered an issue after uninstalling it.

I also reset XP's winsock LSP with no effect.

8. Camelman62

I too have tried that, it is a strange problem. out of all the people's PCs I have installed it on only 3 have the same ISP. SO I am a little miffed as to what is going on when others are saying it is working fine..!!:eek:

I am also thinking that maybe a Windows critical Update has caused this.

9. denno

denno Registered Member

TJP, I am in Australia too (Adelaide) - the problem is still apparent. I have two computers with individual licenses, both experiencing the problem.

Which ISP are you with?

I am with Internode, with an IP in the 121.45.x.x range

I can resolve/ping all servers in the listed update page, with avg. latency of around 390ms. I gather they're all located in Europe.

10. denno

denno Registered Member

I disconnected and reconnected my PPPoE session to obtain a new IP (same range, 121.45.x.x) and now the updates work on both computers.

Strange, considering I had the other IP for quite some time (well before April 20th when the problem first appeared).

11. Camelman62

I too am with Internode on 121.45.xxx.xxx

Although most of my clients are with Internode there are some that are not.

12. Camelman62

Can someone tell me what Port NOD32 uses to do it's updates.

13. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Where are all the Eset representatives to help with this? :( Usually you have help from about 5 different people! ISP block maybe?? We are all in Australia....

Well its a damn small world because I am with Internode too & in Adelaide as well :D

Doubt its an ISP issue, as my sister is also with Internode (Modbury exchange) and she got the 2210 update when it was released (her PC is on 24/7).

I've now got the update 2210 @ 15:24 on Monday...no idea if or what Nod32 downloaded before the update went through (it d/l'd too fast for me to see it).

I will also say that this is only the second time I can remember having an issue getting an update. After a system restart, the issue was fixed the first time (I figured server loads must have been high).

I hope that Camelman62 gets his issue resolved ASAP.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  14. Camelman62

I think you will find that the problem is Internode, I have been onto Corporate Support at Internode and have been doing a few experiments of my own and it seem that some of the IP addresses that Internode are using are being blocked by NOD32. By restarting your system and or router you would have assigned yourself a new IP which is why it started working. Just have to work out now why NOD32 are blocking these IP address range.

15. TJP

TJP Registered Member

My PC is only on when I want to get on the internet. My router is always restarted. My sister got the update as soon as it was released & her pc is on 24/7.

Like me, my sister is with Internode too...so I'm unsure if it is just a Internode issue o_O

16. Camelman62

Well it seems that NOD32 are blocking some of the 121.45.x.x IP range. Soon as you get a new IP the problem is solved.

17. denno

denno Registered Member

Hmm that would explain my issue as well, noted above.

First thought would be bogon filtering that some places still use - but it would be for all of 121.45/16 i would have thought? Just switching to another IP works would indicate another issue. o_O

18. Camelman62

You maybe right, bogon filtering may well be a part of it.

19. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Are you guys still having any issues?

I am getting all of the updates as soon as I log on now :thumb:

Don't know who did what..but updates from my POV have resumed as normal.

20. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There have been people working in the background on this one, all trying to figure out what is going on.

For future reference port 80 is used by NOD32 for updating.

Cheers :D

21. denno

denno Registered Member

No issues here TJP.

Thanks for the info, Blackspear.

22. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Blackspear thankyou for the info.

I wasn't having a go...I am just used to seeing many posts by Eset reps like yourself offering solutions :D.

Does anyone have a clear understanding of what caused the problem?

Denno great to read no more issues for you as well :thumb:

23. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

No worries ;) :D

Camelman62 may have today, as he has been in direct contact with Internode at a high level.

Cheers :D

24. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Hello all,

I'm back having the same issues as before...I can't update at all - Update - After an hour of trying, I restarted my router for the 10th time and everything updated.:D

So what is going on here? My new IP is 121.44.XX.XXX rather that 121.44.XXX.XXX

Is the update issue an Internode fault or Eset fault (blocking IP ranges)? Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Have restarted my Linksys router 5 times this morning, removed then re-installed a fresh copy of Nod32 & completed a winsock repair all without success.

According to Internode's Monthly Usage Meter, my IP is 121.44.XXX.XXX, is this being blocked by Eset?

I get the 3kb download for update.ver and then the update process sits on
    engine0.nup for several minutes & changes servers.

Anyone else with Internode who can't update?

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  25. DDCchik

DDCchik Registered Member

I'm also with Internode in Adelaide Australia.

I haven't been able to update Nod32 on one XPSP2 machine since the 20th of April.

The other system is updated to 3rd May - but will not update since then.

Both just keep rotating through the available servers and not getting anywhere :(

I also can't download a new version today from eset australia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.