Error trying to install Universal Restore component

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howiezows, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howiezows

Howiezows Registered Member

History:

1. Previously had TI Workstation 9.1, Universal Restore, and Disk Director 10 installed on my machine and working perfectly. Now on a new machine (old one died,) but running same drive in this new machine. (this isn't the issue.)

2. Due to media builder not working (errors, even when trying to create ISO file) I did a full uninstall of all Acronis products, and deleted all "traces" from system and registry (following "manual uninstall" instructions, just to be sure after what I thought was proper add/remove programs uninstall.)

3. Reinstalled from clean state: Disk Director Suite 10 (newest build 2117,) and True Image Workstation 9.1 (newest build 3886) rebooted and now media builder works for creating ISO images. This part is good.

4. PROBLEM: Running the Universal Restore (for TI Workstation) installation file, I get this weird error message: (screenshot attached.) Can someone tell me how I can get past this and install this last bit of the package?

http://users.bestweb.net/~warthog/acronis/acronis_error.gif

Thanks !

2. Howiezows

Problem Resolved:

1. I saw there is actually an updated build for Universal Restore (build 3886 dated Feb 6, 2007) so downloaded it.
    2. Tried to run it and installer crashed immediately. (Temp folder was cleared first.)
    3. Rebooted computer
    4. Cleared temporary internet files and re-downloaded install file
    5. Cleared windows temp folder
    6. Installation proceeded correctly and Universal Restore was installed.

And that, I suppose, is that (on this issue.) ;)

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Have you tried a Recovery with that setup yet? The Universal Retore menu does not even come up when it was backed up from Vista, even though the website states that this version is compatible with Vista.

4. Howiezows

Actually I have never used the Universal Restore feature, but I plan on giving it a try in the next few days. (I am using Windows 2000 and XP, no personal experience with Acronis & Vista yet.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.