Error "The specified network name is no longer available."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rodneyphillips, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodneyphillips

rodneyphillips Registered Member

I am getting the followin in my log while attempting to do a complete disk image backup to a network drive. I have not had any diffictulties using this drive for any other purpose.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="2337" product="Acronis*True*Image" uuid="B9F7260E-F4A2-4235-B1A7-F26768EC8950" version="9.0">
    <event code="2" id="1" message="The &quot;Current backup operation&quot; operation started" module="100" time="1141522719" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1141522721" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="3" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1141522721" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="4" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1141522721" type="2" />
    <event code="1008" id="5" message="&lt;bold>Create Full Backup Archive&lt;/bold>&lt;endl/>&lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Disk 1&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>To file: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot;\\D-link-nsa-1\USB2.0_S_b1\rods_20060304.tib&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Compression: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Normal&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1141522722" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="6" message="Pending operation 113 started: &quot;Saving partition structure&quot;" module="1" time="1141522722" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="7" message="Pending operation 116 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1141522722" type="2" />
    <event code="502" id="8" message="Operation with partition &quot;C:&quot; was terminated.
    Details:
    &lt;indent>Write error (0x70004)
    Error writing the file. (0x40003)
    The specified network name is no longer available. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070040&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1141524719" type="4" />
    <event code="5" id="9" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1141524719" type="4" />
    </log>

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rodneyphillips,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have created the image to the network drive? Please describe your actions step-by-step.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  3. ee1

ee1 Registered Member

I have seen the same problem since upgrading to 2337. Normally if I restart the backup, it works the 2nd or 3rd time.

4. fulbrich

fulbrich Registered Member

[Acronis #479337]
    Hello,
    I have the same problem wit my TrueImage 9 instalaltion.
    I opened a case at Acronis, but we didn't work out a solution.

Windows XP, SP2, englisch.
    True Image 9.0

I tried to save to a mapped drive and to an URL path. Both didn't work.
    A backup (offline) to the fileserver with my BartPe CD and TI 8.0 worked, very well.

5. rodneyphillips

Well, if this cannot be addressed I will find another product.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

FWIW, I back up my laptop using a mapped drive to my desktops' second harddrive all the time and have never experienced an error of this type unless the other machine is not running. It's just a small local network but it works fine. How is your network setup? Do you have a router?

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I backup over my network with no problems as well. If you Google for "Specified network name is no longer" you will find lots of results. Causes seem to range from bad cable, NICs, configuration, server resources, conflicts.......

8. rodneyphillips

Thanks for the replies.

I have 4 250GB USB drives hanging off a DLink USB Device Server.

I will do the search suggested.

9. fulbrich

fulbrich Registered Member

Hello,
    we have a professional network running in our company. I don't have problems with this share by using other applications and the BartPE CD works fine with TI 8.0. I am not sure if it was a right decision to buy this software, due to may problem.

Tweaking the "IRPStackSize" didn't solve this problem ... the solution was suggested by ACRONIS support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.