Error Scanning Operating Memory on 2003 Server

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sparq, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparq

sparq Registered Member

I get this error when scanning with NOD32. It's installed on a Windows 2003 Server:

I contacted ESET through their website and no one ever got back to me. Does anyone know how to get rid of this error?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't get this error on my Win2k3 server. Did you notice if it happened on a clean installation while logged in in an admin account?

3. sparq

sparq Registered Member

Yes, clean install when logged in as an admin account.

4. sparq

sparq Registered Member

I stopped IIS Admin Service and WWW Publishing service and the error went away. I started them again and the error was still gone and then 5 minutes later it shows up again.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

5. sparq

sparq Registered Member

Anyone know how to get rid of this error?

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have just sent a email to Eset asking for a follow up on this, hopefully should hear from someone within 48 hours...

Cheers :D

7. sparq

sparq Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear! I emailed a support request from their site a while ago and never got any response.

Also I ran a search for nod32m1.vxd through my hard drive and found nothing. I also searched through the registry and found nothing.

Also I ran a search on google & google groups and the only reference to this error and file is from someone who was using a cracked or warez version of NOD32.

I downloaded NOD32 from the Eset website and paid and registered it so my problem has nothing to do with an unregistered version.

When IIS is on it just gives me the error. Does NOD32 have a problem with IIS?

8. Blackspear

I am really starting to see a pattern here, it seems as though there is an issue with the USA website and people requesting support directly through it. I have seen quite a number of similar posts. And with that I’m going to start a thread to confirm my theory.

In regards to your actual problem, Eset in Bratislava, Slovakia are currently trying to replicate your problem, hopefully there will be some progress shortly…

9. sparq

sparq Registered Member

Thanks.
    Last night, I uninstalled NOD32 and deleted all traces in the registry etc... and then clean installed the new version: 2.12.3. It worked without the error and then I turned on the WWW Publishing Service and IIS and the error showed up again.
    I hope they can figure out what's wrong.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  10. Blackspear

No doubt that they will, I know they are working on it at the moment, trying to replicate the problem...

11. sparq

sparq Registered Member

This might be something...

The computer with the error has Plesk 7 installed on it.

I installed NOD32 on a different Windows 2003 box without Plesk installed to see if I got the error and I didn't (with IIS on).

Maybe NOD32 has some conflict with Plesk & IIS running...

12. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I run IIS for my FTP server, but not the WWW service and I don't get the error.

Have you ran memtest86 found on memtest86.com to see if your memory is not bad?
    never hurts to check the simple things first....

13. sparq

sparq Registered Member

If it was the hardware, then wouldn't I get the error all the time regardless of the IIS Admin Service being on?

I'm not against doing the memtest86.com test, it's just that it's I'm accessing the server remotely through Terminal Services so can't physically boot up the computer from a floppy disk.

14. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Did anyone get anything back on this?

I just installed the latest version on my development win2k3 machine and I got this error - I'm not running plesk or anything similar, but I do have web publishing services, IIS, ColdFusion, SQL/Server running - the machine is running as a domain controller though....

Since this machine is just a dual PIII-450 dell with a fairly small amount of RAM, it does run a little slow at time for coldfusion, but since it's not a "live" machine, I don't worry about that - however, I DO need it to have a functioning AV solution on it.

tia

Greg Hewitt-Long

15. Blackspear

Checking as to progress now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.