Error scanning .exe files in TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Hummer, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummer

Hummer Registered Member

I've been having trouble using the right click feature in explorer to scan files in TDS-3.. After the install of my TDS-3 demo everything was working fine.. scanning directory/scanning path/scanning file.. One time when scanning either path or directory it was asking for the location of tds-3.exe in which I told it where to look.. No problems using path or directory scanning now..

Now when I try to scan a .exe file individually (Right click file and choose scan file with TDS-3) it says the files location and:

The specified path does not exist.
    Check the path, and then try again.

I've tried it on multiple .exe files in many different folders. Is this normal?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Hummer, Alittle more information may help, such as your operating system etc.

I have just used TDS3 to scan a downloaded .exe with using right clicking with no problems. TDS3 does not show if you do this unless there is a problem but if you bring TDS3 up you will see the file scanned details in the TDS3 window.

If that does not help it looks like your TDS may lost lost some links, try re-installing TDS3.

Just guessing Pilli

3. Hummer2

Hummer2 Guest

Hi Pilli,

Sorry, totally forgot to mention system specs.

Windows XP. P3-800. No other context/shell menu problems with other programs like NOD32 trial and WinZip. I just get that error and it doesn't even work when TDS-3 is open let alone closed.

Will do reinstall if noone responds. :D

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Hummer, XP - Did you install using an aministrators acount? I you have more than one user had you switched accounts - I have had problems with multi users and TDS3. TDS4 should rectify this when it is released.

Still guessing - Pilli :D

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Definitely recommend you reinstall in this case :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.