ERROR or BUG or ...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Yoshman, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshman

Yoshman Registered Member

Hi everybody,

i don't know if this is an error in nod32 or just a configuration error by me, but if i download a file from hxxp://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#download and there this link hxxp://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-2.1.0.tar.gz nod32 "crashed" my system! It unpack and unpack and unpack until the hd is full :(
    This prob is with IE and Mozilla Firefox! If imon is disabled - no probs at all!
    So i tried some other tar.gz - but no mistake!?
    So is this a prob with THIS file or is there a prob with unpacking tar.gz (or other linux files!?)

Regards
    Steffen Jeschke

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2004
  2. confirmation

confirmation Guest

I confirm your problem. After trying to download this tar.gz file NOD32KRN.EXE is using all the available CPU (90% or 95%). I stop the process before it had filled my HD.
    Another remark: with previous version of NOD 2.000.9, after killing NOD32KRN the system become unstable and reboot, that was quite a secure end. It’s now possible to stop the beta version neatly and nothing tells you that the AV has been stopped, the icon in system tray remain green.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Yoshman, our developers will look into the issue shortly and a fix should be available soon.

4. Yoshman

Yoshman Registered Member

Hi,

does this mean that i really found a BUG!? :)
    I'm so proud on me ;)

Regards
    Steffen Jeschke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.