error opening files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by boxpenguin, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxpenguin

boxpenguin Registered Member

hello folks,

currently i am using the trial version (just got it today, so far im impressed) of ESET NOD32 antivirus. im having issues with a keylogger (my world of warcraft account was stolen from me as of this morning) and im trying to get rid of it.

i am using windows 7 64 bit (i downloaded the correct version ESET) but whenever i run a system scan there are a couple of files that ESET cant seem to open.

they are:

C:\hiberfil.sys - error opening
    C:\pagefile.sys - error opening
    C:\Boot\BCD - error opening
    C:\Boot\BCD.LOG - error opening

i run and scan as administrator. are these files supposed to be unopened by ESET?

also, there are one or two threats that keep popping up whenever i scan- it says they are quarantined and deleted but they keep coming back.

for example:

F:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\27\6184729b-2e737da6 » ZIP » Java2SE.class - a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NAD trojan

doesnt ever seem to go away for good.

also, i am aware that ESET may or may not be the optimal tool for killing keyloggers. if anyone could suggest other programs that might be better suites for this task i would be very appreciative.

thoughts? suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

Windows uses and locks certain files from startup until shutdown. These files and any others which are running in memory can't be used by or tampered with by other programs, including ESET security products or potential malware. Rest assured that these files were scanned upon bootup and will be scanned again during shutdown by real-time file system protection.

more here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.