error message"w00040011 please insert the media marked volume 1"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RFBERG, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFBERG

RFBERG Registered Member

I get this message each time I try to recover.

I saved an image of my hard drive (C) to another hard drive (N). removed that hard drive (N) and had the system repaired. I installed true image on the repaired system and hard drive (N) I tried recovery but only get to point where I get the error message to insert volume 1. I have no idea of what that means. How have I gone wrong?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  2. hawkeen

hawkeen Registered Member

I am getting the same image problem

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RFBERG and hawkeen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please clarify if you have splitted the image archive to several files during creation (Tools -> Options -> Default Backup Options -> Archive Splitting)? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

hawkeen: Please also clarify where this image is archive stored?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. RFBERG

RFBERG Registered Member

I made three backup copies of the entire C drive, each had different names.
    They were stored on another 40 gig hard drive. None of the back up were split. tried retrieving each of them from this hard drive in another computer to no avail. always being confronted by the w00040011 error message. Because all of my records are involved it is imperative that I recover them. Where could I have gone wrong? I had no trouble making the backups.

I transfered the archives to the C drive on my new computer to a folder called Backups. In the recovery process I point to one of the archives with hope to create an image on a clean second hard drive from which I will be able to drag and drop to new folders on the new computer. Is there something wrong with this approach?

RFBERG

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RFBERG,

I am sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message.

In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.