Error message in Windows98SE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rogerf77, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerf77

rogerf77 Registered Member

I attempted to do my 1st backup of a Win98SE machine.

I got an error message:

Error 1.004 (0x103EC) 8/22/06 8:52.42 AM. Cannot find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(83708370).

Priority was changed from normal to low.

It is a Win98SE machine with 256 MB memory. Scandisk reports no errors.

I am backing up to an external USB2 drive which is reckognized and has a FAT32 format.

Please help.

Roger

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rogerf77,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error. Please create a screen shot of the error, if possible. Did you use scheduled tasks to back up you system or you perform backups manually with help of "Create Backup Wizard"? Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please create Acronis Report with the external USB hard drive connected and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. boblite

boblite Registered Member

So how was this issued resolved ? What caused the error message o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.