Error message E0070021

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mediaman, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mediaman

Mediaman Registered Member

True Image 11 Build 8053 - Exclude files BUG - Error message E0070021

How to I resolve error message E0070021 : Unable to create volume snapshot. I got this when, for the first time, I wanted to do a full backup without mp3 and jpg files.

-----------------------
    Acronois True Image 11
    Windows Vista

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. Mediaman

True Image 11 Build 8053 - Exclude files BUG

Has anyone been able to successfully use the EXCLUDE feature?

My backups work great if I dont use the feature. But if I try to exclude files or directories. it errors out.

It allows me to select the check box to exclude. It allows be to specify files using wilcards ( eg *.tmp) or to specficy paths ( eg: C:\Users\Guest) and it allows me to save it (and edit it) as a task.

But when I run it, I get "Error message E0070021 - Unable to create volume snapshot"

If I deselect the Exclude check box - no errors.

I am using the latest build - Aconois True Image 11.8053 using Windows Vista.

If this is truly the 11th generation of this product, its pretty sad that it still has this many bugs. I bought two copies of this product, but I think its time to look elsewhere. If it turns out its Vista related I can accept that. but if after 11 design attempts it still cant exclude files from an image, then something is amuck.

Does EXCLUDE work for anyoneo_O

MM

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  3. Mediaman

Re: True Image 11 Build 8053 - Exclude files BUG

I tried excluding:

C:\Users ...didnt work.
    C:\Users\ ...didnt work.
    C:\Users\*.* ...didnt work.
    C:\Users\*.mp3 ...didnt work.

Here is a typically error log:

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mediaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that our Quality Assurance team are currently investigating the problem, but were unable to reproduce it yet. Could you please collect some information to help us investigate the problem thoroughly?

- Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support with mention that it is related to case #1241166. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

We appreciate your collaboration on this matter.

P.S. I have merged your two threads as they refer to the same issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Mediaman

All done. Also see Case #1247339 (same issue).

Latest drivers (SnapAPL337_s_e) made no difference.

I've done some more searches on this forum and I see many have reported this exclusion problem, even in earlier versions. Its odd you cannot re-create it.

However I would be happy to send you any addtional screen shots or log files you request, or to try any combinations of exclusions you request.

This is an improtant feaure as the image backups are taking far too long and using up far too much space than needed, Most of my files are already compressed (and seperately backed up as file copies); all I want is to use the image sofware to back up my entire computer excluding those files (which I can easily specify as a path or a file type).

MM

6. Mediaman

I did some troubleshooting and found something.

Its a good workaround for now.

If I DESELECT other partitions ( Ie only back up one partitiion at a time), then the Exlcude feature seems to work and does not result in the error message. It is still finicky on syntax ( C:\Users doesnt work but C:\Users\ does work).

MM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.