Error message drive absent

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bgrayesq, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgrayesq

bgrayesq Registered Member

The process starts, I am told to restart, program starts in boot mode, message appears drive absent
    This is after both drives have been detected.

2. bgrayesq

bgrayesq Registered Member

This occurs when I attempt ot use Paragon Drive Copy Professional 11 for the first time. I have downloaded all drivers for the external drive, which was working perfectly earlier. The program recognized the drive and accepted it as the target drive, and when the copy started, I received the error message "drive absent" and the instruction to hit any key which aI did and the program closed and the copy process ended. I just need help troubleshooting installation and setup and then will never need support again, but without support at this stae I will have no choice but to find other software.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't use that Paragon product but it sounds like everything is present in Windows but when the machine reboots it loads the recovery environment and the drivers aren't present.

Are you using an USB3 external?

Is there an option to load drivers after the machine reboots? If so have you loaded the drivers at this point?

If there is no option to load drivers, I suggest, if you haven't, to download the WinPE for your product which is available at your account and make a boot CD or USB stick. Boot it up to do the job but before you start the actual copy load the drivers for your external.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Definitely worth trying the winpe disc for that job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.