Error message "Could not connect to server"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dealwi8me, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dealwi8me

dealwi8me Registered Member

Hello,

I have some problems with ESET Antivirus 4. Here's my setup.

I have ESET Remote Administration on Windows Server 2003 and 40 clients (Windows XP) connected to that server. They get the updates through the local server not the Internet.

When i go to Tools->Server Options -> Update I get updates normally but all 40 clients cannot update. They all have the same error message "Could not connect to server".

I don't know if that helps, but i have TMG installed on the network. Though I have set *.eset.com in whitelist.

Any suggestions what might be wrong?

Thank you in advance.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

If you have your clients configured to connect to the server already then, it sounds like there may be a firewall blocking the communication. First make sure that the appropriate host name is set in the client for the ESET Remote Administrator Server. You may also use the IP address of the server.

ESET needs several ports for communication. Simply leaving the Windows firewall enabled on the server would be enough to cause this issue.

Additionally, if you have a firewall device that governs internal network traffic you will need to add exceptions there as well. Ensure that exceptions are made for the appropriate ports on all firewalls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.