Error Lockin C:

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jamesnelson, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesnelson

jamesnelson Registered Member

I am trying out 9.1 enterprise version, and each time I try to capture an image on my exchange server I get the message: "Locking Partition C:..", which never goes away. Could this possibly be a problem with VSS? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    James

2. drhanso

drhanso Registered Member

Same here. I could only go on with VSS support off.

-Hans

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello James,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

If the problem persists with the latest build then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. wpballard

wpballard Registered Member

I've seen several posts that are having "Error Locking C:" issues. In each case you put the problem back in the lap of the person submitting the issue without posting a concrete solution.

I'm presently evaluating your product. It looks really good and I really want to buy it, but I'm having the same issue.

Are you guys still troubleshooting this problem?

I'm afraid of the "support" that I'm seeing here. I want to know you guys are serious before I drop pretty big money on software.

In the end, I need a solution to this "Locking C:" issue. Here's my build
    Acronis*True*Image*Server® Trial version 9.1 (build*3,633).

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

First, the good news.

For some types of problems, Acronis does indeed need to know more about the system configuration, etc., and this may be one of those cases.

Second, the bad news.

Acronis too often dumps the burden back in the lap of the user for an issue that can obviously be handled by the developers witout further info. But this problem exists at other companies as well.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Part of the overall problem is that once the user submits requested data to Acronis the thread usually stops. Acronis from that point deals directly with the customer and the fix isn't widely known.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wpballard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the possible case of this issue might be Acronis drivers if they were not install properly for some reasons. Usually the reason for this is another software that prevent Acronis Drivers from install correctly. Also another software might prevent Acronis from performing I/O operations on the hard disk in Winodws (block access to hard drives).

You download the latest version of Acronis drivers here, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

The reason why such issues usually solve via e-mail is that people use different software and therefore we need additional information in each case to investigate the issue thoroughly and to provide a possible workaround. You are welcome to share your experience on this forum if you think it might be useful for other forum visitors.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The Locking partition messages are to be expected for drives that need to be locked for a backup or defrag or ... program to do its thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.