Error installing TI 7, ramdisk.dat missing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scoob, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoob

scoob Registered Member

I have xp pro and upon trying to install true image 7 it fails with the error message popping up "ramdisk.dat was not found" or something like that. Any ideas anyone? I used drive image 5 on win 98 before and never had a problem.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. scoob

scoob Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. the program is on a magazine disk, could that be corrupted?

4. Acronis Support

Hello --

Well... *anything* is possible... may be there is some scar on he disk, etc. I mean that every second a meteorite can fall on the Earth, so basically it's possible that the file on the drive can be corrupted. As I suggested - please download the file via the link I provided and see if the problem stays (it shouldn't though).

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

5. Happy Traces

Happy Traces Guest

The install of acronis image 7 went fine on HP home but the XP pro came up with the error message, ramdisk.dat missing. Is this a OS issue?

6. Acronis Support

Hello Happy Traces,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis True Image 7.0 any more. The latest build for this version is 638 and you may try using it. You can update your copy of Acronis True Image 7.0 to the 638 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

We recommend you to purchase the upgrade version of our product (Acronis True Image 8.0 Upgrade).

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.