Error initializing file submission system

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by KaneComputing, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

I've been running ESS Beta2 on 2 of my machines with no problems. I recently uninstalled ESS Beta1a from my mother-in-law's machine. I installed ESS Beta2 which completed successfully.

Upon starting the system tray icon turns red and the following messages appear in the log:

Kernel Error initializing file submission system.
    Kernel Virus scanner initialization failed. Most of Eset Smart Security modules will not function properly.

Although I can apparently download updates, the Version of Virus Signature Database field is blank on the Update window and when I mouse over the system tray icon the database info reads as: %ScannerVersion%

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it occurred after reinstalling.

2. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

Once again this software appears determined to make a liar out of me. :)

I did another update and restarted the computer and now all is ok again!

So, once again, never mind...

3. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

After uninstall look in the registry and delete any eset entries in the HKLM or HKCU then try to reinstall (also delete any eset folder in %programfiles%, Allusers,%allusersprofile%,%Localappdata%...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.