error in trial version

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by thetien, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetien

thetien Registered Member

I download free trial version of Disk Director suite 10 from acronis site.
    But in installation, a register page appeared that ask my name & e-mail.
    I entered requested information & enter next button.
    But this message appeared : 'Failed to register the product. Please try again later.'
    I want to use it as trial, I haven't any serial to register it in site.
    Please help me.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thetien,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 that you have downloaded from our web site requires online registration which sometimes fails because of the temporary internet connection problems, firewall or proxy server settings or for some other reasons.

I've sent you a Private Message with the download link for the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 that does not require the online registration.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Poochz1

Poochz1 Guest

I have the same problem..can I get a link also?
    Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Hello Poochz1,

Please follow the recommendations provided in the respective Sticky thread.

If that does not help then please provide us with a screen shot of the registration screen as it is described in the above mentioned Sticky.

Please be aware that we are currently trying to find out the common reasons why people sometimes cannot register a trial version of an Acronis product during installation, so if you send us the above mentioned screen shot then you will certainly be a big help to us in resolving this issue.

Please also be aware that I am able to send Private Messages only to registered users. Please register at Wilders Security Forums in order to allow me to send you a Private Message.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. galingoran

galingoran Registered Member

The same problem! Pls send me a link too!

6. rsxpres

rsxpres Registered Member

I have the same problem. Can u send me the link as well? :)

I read through one of the other posts and went to the sticky thread and solved my problem.

Thanks,
    Steve

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  7. Acronis Support

Hello galingoran and Steve,

I've sent you Private Messages with the download links for the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 that does not require the online registration.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  8. jpouliot

jpouliot Registered Member

I tried everything in that Forum to solve the problem, but nothing works!
    Please send me the link without any registration problem. Thanks.

9. Acronis Support

Hello jpouliot,

I've sent you a Private Message with the download link for the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 that does not require the online registration.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  10. johnnee02

johnnee02 Registered Member

Hi,

tried the info on the sticky - still having issues. Could you please PM me the link also?

kind regards

John

11. darin

darin Registered Member

Can I also please get that trial link?

Thanks
    Darin

12. Acronis Support

Hello John and Darin,

I've sent you Private Messages with the download links for the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 that does not require the online registration.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

13. Someguy

Someguy Registered Member

Hi,

I can not get to install the trial v10 either (build 2089 or 2069).

Shortly after the registration window, which seems to work fine, I get a message that the installation was interrupted and the only option I have is to cancel the installation. Screenshot is attached.

I have never installed one of your products before and there is no error log either in the c:\...\local settings\temp folder.

I am using WinXP SP2. I also tried to boot with minimal services/programs started and the installation still does not work.

Thanks alot.

Attached Files:

14. Acronis Support

Hello Someguy,

Please do the following:

1. Download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it:

http://support.acronis.com/KB/326/1.gif

2. Select the Acronis product you are trying to install and hit Remove:

http://support.acronis.com/KB/326/2.gif

Please try to install the trial version once again.

If this does not help then please do the following:

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  15. bokmunn

bokmunn Registered Member

I can not install either. Can I get the link too. Thanks.

16. Karti

Karti Registered Member

Hi ,

Could I also get the link as it fails to register?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

K
    ;)

17. Karti

Karti Registered Member

Still no news.........how can I try before I buy if the trial does not work!

K
    ;)

18. Acronis Support

Hello bokmunn and Karti,

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

19. Karti

Karti Registered Member

Many thanks.......

But as the idiot I am I actually wanted the True Image not the Disk Manager!

Hope you can still help?

Regards

K
    ;)

20. Acronis Support

Hello Karti,

Please check your Private Messages. I've sent you a new download link. Please be aware that you should better post such a requests in the appropriate Acronis True Image forum branch.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

21. rigo6

rigo6 Registered Member

I also get the same error message when I attempt to install the trial version of True Image.
    Any assistance appreciated.

22. atorresp

atorresp Registered Member

i have the same problem with disk director (trial)...what can i do?
    thanks...

23. Marswolf

Marswolf Registered Member

I am having the same problem as everyone else. Please send the download link that works.

Thanks.

24. Marswolf

Testing 1-2-3.

Can any support people hear us?:rolleyes:

25. Marswolf

OK Acronis. You have successfully chased away another customer.

First you put out a trial version of Disk Director Suite for download that you know many of your customers won't be able to install.

Then, if the customer can guess how to find your forum and spots this topic they might find out what the problem is and request a non-crippled version of the demo.

Then you don't read your own forums and get back to the people having a problem.

So, the customer tries through tech support and yet another day later receives a link to download the trial version that can actually be installed.

Since this is a 60 meg download, the customer decides to download in more than one session since the non-crippled trial is on a resumable server.

But when they try to resume the download they get this message:

Requested file not found

The file you have requested does not exist. It is possible that the link to it has expired. If you received the link from Acronis, please confirm you have the correct link by checking your original email from Acronis with the link or other document with the link location. You may also obtain a new link by contacting the Acronis Support Team. Thank you for selecting Acronis.

So, the potential customer gets one chance to download the file - but Acronis doesn't even tell him that in the email.

I can only guess that there must be hundreds of lost sales with such a hassle to even get a working trial installed.

I give up. You don't have customer service, you apparently only have paranoia about someone stealing your software. <snip>

Thanks for wasting so much of our time.

edited to remove off-topic remark - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.