Error in initialization. Check Dcsuserprot.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Heuvt, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heuvt

Heuvt Registered Member

Hi :doubt: ,

XPSP2 incl. all post SP2 fixes, US Version.
    P4-3,2 HT, 1 GB RAM

I have installed PG (full version; yep, actually paid for my software :D ) as a user of the administrator group, and after install and reset have removed myself from the admin group again. Now I get the above error, and when I move over the icon in the tray it also reads "initializing PG" (see attached screenshots).

When I am a member of the admin group I don't have these errors, however, because of normal security measures, I am used to working as a member of the normal users-group.

What should I do to resolve this?

H.

Attached Files:

2. earth1

earth1 Registered Member

Hi Heuvt, and welcome to Wilders. I'm sure there will be a better resolution to this problem in the future. For now, all I know to give you is an ugly kludge. For details, see this thread. Paranoid2000 pointed out that there are escalation of privilege issues (in this post), but at least it works.

Also, I can't guarantee there won't be a problem connected to having installed with an account that used to have Admin privileges but now does not. If so, you may need to uninstall ProcessGuard (be sure to boot into SAFE MODE when you uninstall) and reinstall using a permanent Admin account.

Don't worry, when you get past the installation issues I think you'll find your money was very well spent.

3. cory

cory Guest

i have the same problem
    i just got it and paid for it last week

4. de Paulus

de Paulus Registered Member

Hi..
    I had the exact same problem about 3 Weeks ago.. I posted a thread here, and was told to uninstall PG,.. and re-install it... However, before I recieved this advice, I just re-installed PG WITHOUT un-installing the old one... and it has been working a treat ever since!!...

Worth a try!!??

(-.-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.