Error in disk image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ririck66, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ririck66

ririck66 Registered Member

Hello,
    I restored some Microsoft onenote files from a disk image I have done with TrueImage. I mounted the disk image as an external drive (explore image) and manually copied the files to the new hard disk.
    The problem I have is that Onenote keep saying the files are corrupted.
    I tried also with previous backups with same results. I think this could be a TrueImage problem (I haven't tried this with other files) because an old backup I made manually before using TrueImage (just copying the files on another disk) had no problem.
    I tried to recover the files using a procedure described on microsoft support site with no success.
    What would you suggest to do?
    Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you using Build 859 of TI? The Explore function doesn't work in 859. You need an older version until Acronis fixes this. The image you made in 859 is good and version 800 or 826 will be able to Explore the image and restore the files without errors.

3. ririck66

ririck66 Registered Member

:) I tried and it worked!
    Thank you so much!
    I am only very surprised that a problem so important (I thought I lost all my files) is not written directly on the Acronis product update page.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ririck66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please note that the latest build (859) of Acronis True Image improperly explores an image archive. If you explore an image archive, everything seems to work normally, however, all the files on the mounted drive falsely appear corrupted, if you restore this image archive, everything will work normally (files will not be corrupted). But the latest build also have the main fixes implemented and includes many minor fixes as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.